Seeking knowledgeable, experienced groom for part time stable management and horse care plus riding. Rural, grounds and garden work also available. High standard live-in accomodation available.
Must have experience with stable management and exercising horses.
Good level of riding ability a must ie: dressage/ flat work and jump schooling or comp SJ, eventing experience.
A good hard working attitude important plus a good sense of fun.
- Able to assist and have fun with 12yr daughter on 13.3-14.2 pony.
Able to follow instruction but also able to apply appropriate initiative when/if required.
- happy to self manage and take responsibility for the place and horses if we’re away and know when to call in help if necessary.
Stable management involves; mucking out stables, sweeping, tack and cover cleaning, keeping a high level of organisation and tidiness of tack room, feed room and yard in general. paddock and arena grooming, occasional truck clean out.
Horse management and exercise involves: 1 yearling filly for handling, 1 new broken mare for exercise- lunging, ground work and intro to riding - Need exp with young ones.
- 1 established 13.3, 10yr jumping pony for exercise; flat work or hack and some jump schooling.
- 1 x all round competition horse (tbc - still looking).
- management of 2 x retired horses
- other grounds work and maintenance - spraying, weeding, mowing, help on the farm, building rearranging jumps, some stock work.
- Need to be flexible and adaptable.
- Part time- full time depending on work avail and level of involvement. Some weekend show support required
Attractive, High standard of Live-in accommodation available on location.
Photos available on request after Inital discussions