We have an exciting position available for a rider to produce and help compete our competition horses. This is a fantastic opportunity to ride some of New Zealand's BEST bred young horses. We have a large team for the next show jumping season and are looking for the right candidate to help showcase their quality.
This position would be a great opportunity for a talented young rider or a professional rider wanting to train and compete a team of quality performance horses in New Zealand. These horses are primarily show jumpers however we are also breeding horses that will suit eventing, dressage and show hunter.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self motivated person who is passionate about horses and their riding. We are looking for a hard working, fun and friendly who will be a positive addition to our growing team. Someone who takes pride in their job, is highly professional, and capable of working efficiently and effectively.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all the needs and requirements of our Competition Team, of Show Jumpers and Eventers, both at home and at Shows / Events. The horse’ meticulous care is paramount.
Your job description would include, but not be limited to:
- Schooling multiple horses daily including stallions.
- Competing young horses on the National Show Jumping circuit.
- Helping with the starting of young horses under-saddle.
- Assisting with horse management daily.
To be successful you will need to:
- Be over 20 years old.
- Be currently competing over 1.25m+ showjumping.
- Be confident and capable of schooling and competing young horses in Show Jumping.
- Confident handling and riding stallions.
An immediate start is preferred.